SGG Consulting is a boutique consulting firm that specializes in application monitoring and performance testing. The SGG team is made up of a highly trained group of IT professionals who have spent their careers focused on quality insurance, performance management, and application monitoring. SGG Consultants are experts in all the industry standard monitoring and testing tools and have identified and solved critical performance issues for the largest technology, insurance, retail and financial firms in the United States.
This is a unique opportunity for a current student or recent grad to have a major impact within the IT organizations of large companies. The career opportunities are endless for a successful candidate.
This is a part-time, paid internship that will specialize in application monitoring and performance testing.
The individual in this role will be trained in website monitoring, performance testing, and capacity planning. This includes training on industry leading technical products like HP LoadRunner, Dynatrace, and Splunk.
The day to day activities will include building performance/load test scripts, running performance/load tests, configuring monitoring and producing reports and presentations for our clients.
Prospective candidates will be asked to submit a writing sample.
- Proficient in at least one coding language (Python, C or Java)
- Currently pursuing Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Extremely well organized, good note taker, and task oriented
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Understanding of Web application technologies and architectures
Nice to Have
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, and Access
- UNIX skills (vi, shell, etc.)
Must be able to work out of our San Francisco office.